Dec 15, 2008

Stupid Dog


Mello is going back to the humane society. He bit Zoey in the face for the second time yesterday. Right in front of Damon and I. Zoey was giving him a hug and he didn't want it. There was no warning growl, or nip or anything. The first time broke skin, this last time was a small scratch. Still. Stupid dog. Stupid dog that I am so attached to. I feel terrible for sending him back, but at the same time want to throw him into a wall for biting my daughter. Stupid dog. He was perfect. Under 20 pounds, doesn't shed, and likes to snuggle. Stupid Dog. Now what am I going to do with all those dog sweaters...


8 thoughts:

Rachel said...

I feel your pain. It is so hard to love an animal that hurts your kids. You're doing the right thing, even though I know it is so hard.

Berly said...

I am so sorry. He is such a cute dog, but I understand. STUPID DOG -WHY?

Anonymous said...

so we are still on for the 23rd?

Unknown said...

aaaggggghhhhhhh! what a nightmare for you - I don't blame you for being pissed at the dog and being sad at the same time. i hope she's ok?!!?!

Hans and Michelle said...

Sorry!!

Anonymous said...

i have so many ideas! woot-woot.
okay what time? did we decide? and where?! (at sometime we need to hit somewhere with swings)

Brooke said...

Oh no, that's awful!! I'm sorry that Mellow turned out to be not so mellow...

xcdenke said...

That really sucks! It's hard because you're probably telling yourself, "I'll just keep the kids away and there won't be anymore biting." Right? Sadly, he is who he is and I have to say that in my opinion Schnauzer's have a little 'tude. I had a client with a standard sized and she was a bitch and a half. Try for a mutt, they are the best!