May 25, 2011

Stick


Back in March we went to Zilker Park Botanical Gardens for a garden show. I bought many plants, all of which are thriving in various pots and planters around the house. I am most proud of my Plumeria start, or as Damon calls it, 'Stick'.


Every few days I get an update on how my 'Stick' is doing. "Hey!! Your 'Stick' is growing!!" or some variant of the thought. Makes me irritated. I usually tell him to shut it. Today, he asks, "So if I go into the empty lot next door and pick out a stick and put it in a pot, will it grow?" I tried to be irritated, but ended up just cracking up laughing. Through the laughter I tried to be upset and with out thinking said, "Its called a stick!! Not a plumeria!"

Many laughs were had, and my poor plumeria start will forever be known as "Stick".

It felt so good to laugh.

3 thoughts:

Joey said...

hahaha that is a nice stick. I don't know what a plumeria is but it looks good to me.

larainydays said...

Right now, it looks like you are growing a spare claw for a scary crustacean.

Chelsi Chipps said...

My mom has one too!! I've made fun of hers, but once the leaves actually grow on it, it looks AWESOME!!