Nov 23, 2007

Thanksgiving!


Happy Thanksgiving!! We hope you all had a wonderful one! We had a great thanksgiving with our friends, the Egberts. Zoey was very exctied to eat dinner with her friends, and then we had a pie party at the Drapers. We are so blessed to have such wonderful friends. I made a flourless chocolate cake that was, to say the least, the best thing I have ever made. The cake was topped with a chocolate ganache, in a pool with raspberry puree, garnished with fresh rasberries and fresh whipped cream. It was the hit of the pie party. I have outdone myself. I am going to make it again for our families who are coming in a week!! I am so happy!


Liam enjoyed the stuffing rolls at thanksgiving, although he has had the nastiest poop since. Must be a pullman thing because I have not been able to sleep in the same room as Damon. Wholy stink!! Good thing I love him so much. I am debating re-naming thanksgiving dinner Reeksgiving dinner.


We decorated the house for christmas! We are saving the tree for the family to help us decorate. It feels like Christmas! I was one of the crazies this morning that woke up at 4:45 and went to wal-Mart, and shopped and shopped. I am now done with Christmas gifts. Wahoo! All I need is stocking stuffers.


Love you all!

2 thoughts:

Brooke said...

Hey Rach! Glad you had such a fun Thanksgiving, we were freezing in Utah with Cody's family. Your cake sounds AMAZING - would you mind sharing the recipe?

R A C H A E L said...

Yea! The recipie is on epicurious.com. Type in flourless chocolate cake, or le bete nior ( the black beast) that's what the cake is called. It is soo yummy!!