May 10, 2009

Mother I love you, Mother I do


To all mothers out there, I wish a Happy Mother's Day. I am so blessed to have such wonderful mothers in my life.

First off, and this may be a little unorthodox, but I always think of her a lot on Mother's Day, I am so grateful for my biological mother. I am so grateful for her, for keeping me, for realizing she could not give me the life she wanted for me, and for making the hardest decision, to give me up. I did not realize the enormity of that act until I became a mother myself. I've never met her, and I don't know if I ever will, but I will be forever grateful to her for her love and sacrifice.

For Mom P. Thank you for raising my amazing sweet husband. Also for helping to raise me. I was just 18 when I married D, and you have really helped me grow in the role of wife and mother, by example and advice. I don't think I have seen a more concerned momma bear as you. I always know that you are praying for us. I know you love us all so much. We love you too. And you are the ultimate 'Fancy Grammy", and your grand kids (Zoey especially) count down the number of sleeps when we are coming to visit. You always have such a spiritual perspective on life, and somehow always remind me in just the right way of what is really important as we go through our little trials.

This is Mom P with Rylee and the little boy is D. Remind you of anyone? And hello Beautiful Mommy!! Wow!


My Mom. She is amazing. The most selfless person I know. She is a great example to me in raising my kids, making a home, and in countless other facets of life. She helped me more than I can express though everything in life. She taught me how to be steadfast, and not compromise values. She also taught me how to roll with the punches, and look for the best in life. She is an amazing mother of five children ranging from 25 to 14. Between us all, she has seen it all... She is a spiritual giant, always making sure we read scriptures as a family every day, family prayer, and FHE. She is a wonderful woman. I love you Mom. Happy Mothers Day.


My Mom and Dad and me. This is the first time they saw me. Doesn't my Mom's face look like an angel?





Today at church Zoey ran up to the front to sing for Mother's Day. I just sat there, holding my Liam boy, and smiled at the tiny girl who's head barely cleared the stand. She jumped up and down and waved to me, so excited to sing. I am so grateful to be a mother. It is the hardest job out there, and the most rewarding.



Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body.

~Elizabeth Stone

Happy Mothers Day.

8 thoughts:

larainydays said...

You made me cry Rachael. Those were wonderful words. It is my greatest joy to watch you mother your children--totally in love with them and dedicated to their good. I admire you and love you very much. Mom

Robin said...

Happy Mother's day. I think you are a great mother!

Diana said...

I hope Damon spoiled you today for all of your efforts in motherhood. You certainly deserve it! I realized this year and it sounds like you did, too, (but maybe you did years before!) the real honor is being a mother to my kids and a wife to Marc. Happy Mother's Day! See you tomorrow.

Chelsi Chipps said...

That is such a wonderful post! I hope that you had a great mother's day Rachael!!

Berly said...

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO YOU!! LOVED THE POST, pictures, and beautiful words.!!

Brooke said...

Ohh....that was SWEET! I loved the pictures and kind words. How lucky you are to be surrounded by such strong, beautiful, and amazing women....hope you had a great Mother's Day!!

R A C H A E L said...

I think you all are
wonderful momas too!

Valeri said...

I love that quote.. it is so SO true! I almost wish it wasn't because it would sure make things easier. But at the same time, I can't imagine anything more wonderful than loving someone so much that it hurts.

Your mothers are both GORGEOUS. Great tributes to both of them!