Feb 28, 2010

i'm sorry, i don't think i heard you correctly

ya know that moment where you stop and ask yourself, "how did this happen?" i have had that all week.



this past tuesday i was called to be primary president.



i am so excited, overwhelmed, humbled, flattered, and in way over my head i can't really think straight!


i called my counselors, and they are awesome, amy and amber could both do a better job than me. (that's why i picked 'em)


having a calling like this will make me grow in ways i haven't before, and i am so grateful for the opportunity to serve and help the primary.


i am really grateful to my husband who supports me, and loves me, and lets me cry just 'cause i need to.


i am also grateful to my Heavenly Father, i can't do this with out him.

8 thoughts:

larainydays said...

I am so excited for you and for your primary. You will be a great President. You have always been a well organized, smart and spiritual person...a perfect primary president.

Unknown said...

wow! without question you will do an AMAZING job!!! (btw...our family blog is up now :)

Amy said...

awww, I hope I can support you enough to take some of that weight off of your shoulders. You are going to be great, just take it one day at a time and it will fly by! We are going to have a great time serving together and I hope that we do a good job together as well!! I'm there for you!!

Diana said...

you know I'm laughing right now--in a very loving way of course but just so you know, i'm giggling a bit. you'll do great. :)

Alyson said...

I'm dreading one of those callings. I feel like that's when you're really an adult. You'll be great. In one of your previous posts you said you are happiest when with your children. I think you will find joy in this calling. Good Luck.

Joey said...

You will be great at that Rach. You always organize fun things.

Erica Huff said...

You will be incredible as president! I am so excited for the chance to serve with you. I love primary and all of the children. We missed you yesterday and hope you are doing better.
Thanks for your sweet words. I appreciate your understanding more than I could tell you!

Bekah: said...

Can I be a child in your primary?