Jan 28, 2008

Its a sad day.


Our Prophet died last night. I feel so sad, but happy at the same time. He is with his wife. Damon called from a Stake priesthood meeting and told me about 8 last night. Lee Taylor got a text from his wife during the meeting. I didn't believe it. I started checking online and nothing. I called my Dad and he too, found nothing online. I was hoping it was some kind of sick rumor. And then about 8:40 I found on Deseret News that it was confirmed. I was amazed at the speed of the mormon circuit. We all knew before the news had a chance to post anything.


I am so grateful for that man. He was exceptional. The talk he gave at conference in October 2004, after his wife had died, is what meant the most to me. 'The Women in Our Lives', it made me feel proud to be a woman. I felt like he was talking to me, and I was worth even more than I knew. I read that talk almost every week, to remind me just how much worth I have. I loved his sence of humor, and when he talked everyone listened. I am so greatful for him and what he did for me personally, and for what he did for the church. What and amazing man. My prayers are with his family at this hard time.

1 thoughts:

Anonymous said...

Wow, Rachael good job on finding our blog. The kids look so good. Tell your husband I say hi. We have had a rollercoaster of a ride the last few months here in AZ as I'm sure you have read about on our blog. Next time you guys are in town you need to let us know so we can meet up with ya. Don't be a stranger!