May 21, 2008

The Zoo

Zoey's final day at pre-school was a field trip to the zoo. We LOVE the zoo. They have the new bear exhibit that is AWESOME!!! The bears were swimming with trout in their little pond literally 5 feet from us, with 1 foot thick Plexiglas... but still, WOW! Zoey loved to play with her friend Callie, and successfully walked the entire zoo by herself. With out complaining too! Yes folks, the days of the double stroller are over my friends. Hallelujah. To celebrate I bought a cool new lightweight stroller for the summer. I am selling my jogger (why I have one, I'm not sure, I can't even run....) the snap and go, the car seat, and donating the other lightweight stroller I have because I don't want to feel wasteful, but I am pretty sure no one else would want that thing... so they can throw it away of they want. I digress... Zoey again loved the hippos, the monkeys, the giraffes, and the gorillas. Liam saw the orangutans up close and growled at it. It was so cute and funny. He did great we got to the zoo at 9 AM and left at 1:30. He never cried or complained once! What a good baby. He fell in love with Paula. Every time she would smile at him, he would turn inside out with delight. Liam also has an obsession with this feet. He loves to grab them and stuff them in his mouth, even with shoes on. Right now he is sitting at the table with one foot on the table while he eats his snack. Weirdo... The weather was perfect. Overcast in the morning and the sun came out after lunch. What a perfect day for a zoo trip.




Feeding the baby giraffe was the highlight though. I could not believe how brave this little thing was! She let Zoey pet her, feed her, she even licked her face! Zoey then said, "Ew! I need a wipe!" Still cool!





Sometimes the grass really is greener!


All in all, a very fun day at the Zoo. Zoey will miss her teacher Mrs. Amy, but hopefully we will be here in the fall for her to continue pre-k. We are so lucky to have her in our ward! She truly loves every one of her students, and on top of that is a great teacher. Maybe thats why she is Primary President? Hmmm. Zoey's first year of pre-school is over. She is growing up so fast.

1 thoughts:

xcdenke said...

So adorable! Your picture of the elephants are too cute! I love elephants. They were my fave animal growing up. Please...no ceramic elephants though. You are such a great photographer! P.S. Zoey is pretty darn adorable too!