May 3, 2010

Spring Break Part One

We had COMPANY!!!! I know this probably makes me sound super lame- but we hardly EVER get company, so this is a big deal. Damon's parents, Papa and Fancy Grammy, came for 6 whole days!!! This is what we did:

Tuesday we went to show them the house that at the time we thought we were going to build. We went to eat, hung out, shopped a little, showed them cinco ranch (where we are prob building) and let them enjoy the kiddos. Zoey and Liam were beyond excited to have them here. For almost a month before she would ask, "How many more sleeps until they are here?

I commissioned Daddio (thats what Damon calls his dad) to help Damon build a picnic table for the back yard, and also for Liam's birthday party that is later in the week.

Wednesday was BUSY. We went to the up to the Houston temple in Spring, and it is sooo pretty up there! Zoey loves the temple, but has a hard time understanding why she can't go inside. We wound up with her sobbing in the back of the car, "I WANNA TO INSIDE THE TEMPLE!!!"

The kids on the temple grounds.

Me, Damon and Fancy Grammy

Houston Temple



My sweet sweet daughter


Papa and Fancy Grammy


After the Temple, which is in Spring, we went to RUDY'S. The best BBQ I've had since I moved here. Their pulled pork sandwich is..... there are no words.


"Bellying Up" to the table, as they say here.


Mouthwatering. I may make the 40 min drive up there just so I can have one for lunch..




The Gang at Rudy's. The kids love the chicken, and chocolate pudding. Yum.



After Rudy's, we drove downtown to the Aquarium. This is one of my favorite frames that I have ever captured.



The aquarium has like a mini amusement park, with a Farris wheel, and a merry-go-round, so we had fun doing that. JUST A TIP- it isn't really that great. I wish we would have tried the zoo instead.



I know I already posted this before, but I think it is so stinkin' funny. Liam on the Ferris wheel, contemplating his own amazingness.



Zoey has Papa wrapped around her little finger, much like the way she has her Daddy. She is the sweetest little girl.
And so ends the first half of Spring Break.

3 thoughts:

larainydays said...

I would be really jealous if I weren't so righteous

Berly said...

I want to be there!! You saw my home...Spring!! Did you see the subdivision right next to the temple? My home of 9 years was in there. It made me miss home and the BBQ!! Glad you are getting used to Texas...I miss it, especially when it snows on May 7!!! AHHHHHHHH - ALSO, your pictures look great!!

Lisa said...

Looks like you had so much fun! I can't believe how gorgeous those flowers are on the temple grounds!