Sep 11, 2010

Saturday is a Special Day

Saturday is a special day, its the day Rachael looses her mind!!!!




Today I have a million things to do. Clean the house, write a talk (which we were asked to speak on Wednesday night!), plan a lesson, watch the kids, grocery shop, AND get the house ready for our new arrival tomorrow. A BOXER!!!!!! Out little dog Daisy was stolen about 2 weeks ago off our back patio while she was in her kennel. Just picked up the kennel and left. We had someone come and fix the AC unit, and they are starting the house next door to us, so there were several workers who knew that we had a little Doxie (yorkie, daushund mix). There has been a problem with this in our neighborhood. I know of five families this has happened to. The workers either steal them and sell them, or they steal them and bring them back if there is a reward poster. We did the reward poster thing, and nada. The kiddos don't know, and I think Zoey it putting it together when we went to Costco and bought a dog bed, then to Crate and Barrel to buy dog bowls and now we are headed to petco to get a collar and a leash.


(daisy pulling zoey around in the water)



At Costco she asked me, "Mom, is this for Liam?"



me: "No honey, its a dog bed"



Zoey: "Oh, but why are we getting it?"



me: "What do you think"



Zoey: "Ummm, I think its too big for a chihuahua puppy"



Liam: "Chihuahua!!!! I wov widdle Chihuahua!!!! I think its so funny that Chihuahua is the ONLY word he can say correctly.



me: "Hmmm, yes, its a little big for a chihuahua."



Zoey: GASP "Are we getting TWO chihuahuas!!!!!"



I am really hoping they aren't disappointed with a Boxer...

2 thoughts:

larainydays said...

Your kids are too smart for their own good!

Tricia Lauritzen said...

That is awesome!! We just got a boxer puppy, he is 10 weeks old and so cute! I had no idea what I was getting into though. We have our little chihuahua who is not much work at all and Brutus,the boxer, VERY PLAYFUL!!! I hope you love the boxer and that no one steals him. I can't even believe someone would do that!!