Dec 17, 2007

The Polar Express




We are hangin' out in Durango, Colorado. The drive here yesterday was crazy. The wolf creek pass had so much snow that it was higher that the pacifica. In some places the snow was so high that you could not see the speed limit signs! Damon found out that they got 7 feet in a 24 hour period. Wow. My brother Cody is dying to get here to snowboard. He will be here on thursday!

Today was really fun. We went swimming, and played at McDonalds, went to fuzziwigs candy store, and serious texas bbq. If you haven't been there, its worth the trip to durango just to eat there. They have the best ribs. By far and a away the best thing was riding the polar express train this evening. Zoey and Liam's eyes were like saucers. Zoey has never been so excited about something except when grandma and grandpa come. She kept asking all day, "lets go ride the express!" or " Lets see Santa!" She even broke out in to song a few times. "Santa clause is coming to town!" This is the first Christmas that she really understands whats going on. It is so much fun for me. Zoey was so excited to see the train pulling up to the station, with all the steam and the whistle blowing. She loved the hot chocolate and Liam loved the rice crispy treats. Liam could have cared less until Santa showed up with a bell for him. He just gawked at him and then grabbed that bell faster that you could imagine. They both looked so cute in thier jammas and slippers. That is a really fun Christmas tradition. The best part for me was how many compliments I get on my kids. The driver of the train and the conductor both stopped us and told us what beautiful kids we have. I want to make a shirt that says, "My kids are cuter than yours!" I think I will and only wear it around my house. I am such a vain mother.

Liam is so funny. Zoey always plays with him and pretends she is a monster. She growls at him and he smiles and laughs. Yesterday he started growling back! It is the funniest thing to hear this 8 month old growl at his sister.

Zoey is still not asleep, its almost 10:30. She is making train noises in bed. She is on overload for sure.

0 thoughts: