Aug 8, 2008

Parade of Homes

The Parade of Homes starts today. I highly recommend going. Wednesday night I photographed three of them. The first was a home that was very traditional, very beautiful, even though I thought the granite color looked like puke. While I was talking to the interior designer of the home, she told me that the next one we were going to was contemporary. Red flags went up all over the place. Contemporary? In the Parade? Seriously? Aren't they trying to sell the home? What she failed to mention was the inspiration behind it. Drexel Heritage designed a whole like of furniture that is based off Walt Disney's home in the 1940's. I walked in and was BLOWN AWAY! It was sophisticated, classy, contemporary, original. In essence, Disney Chic. Now, there were no princess rooms, no character posters strewn about. The dinning room inspiration was

( I am not sure if Legally I am allowed to post these, so this one I took really quick as I was leaving. Obviously not the right lens... and the lighting was taken down...so its not a great shot, but you get the idea.)
Cinderella's ball gown, silver, gold, powder blue and pale bronze. One of the many half baths was inspired by space mountain. It was my favorite. 3x3 inch black glass tiles lined the walls floor to ceiling. The ceiling was painted black with fiber optic lights that looked like stars. The Master bedroom was like if Snow White lived today. Everything was black and while. Some of the most beautiful draperies, tile, the bathroom made me feel glamorous just walking in it. The Interior Designer, Stephanie, picked EVERYTHING out. Designed the house. She is one to look out for. I loved it. This particular home is in Flying Horse. There is a tent to purchase tickets. It is worth it. If I had 1.75 million extra dollars, I would by this home and move in tomorrow.

1 thoughts:

Unknown said...

i wish you could have the house too! this place sounds like a dream - i'm glad your still doing the magazine photos, you deserve it - you're great!