Aug 31, 2008

AZ. Where its still warm in September.

I love Arizona. Friends, Family, almost year round summer. I have accomplished what I set out to do here.

1. Surprise the pants off my Mom for her big '5-Oh'. Hands were in the air, shock, and a lot of screaming. Poor Liam got scared. It was perfect. Dad took Mom in the bedroom and told her that he ordered something for her birthday, but he wasn't sure if it would get here in time. Then Zoey walks in the room, followed by me and Liam. She was so happy.

2. Take Breaelle shopping. Blossom, poppies, orange patch and Anthro.
Breaelle! She doesn't like photos. We'll have to work on that...

3. Eat Tia Rosas, Barros, and In-n-Out.

4. Play settlers of catan ( I ALMOST won. Joey won. If I had gone before him, I would have. Damn.)

5. Hang out with my brothers and sisters. How cool I can say sisters! Cinny AND Breaelle! c&b were there mon-fri. It was so great to see them.

Liam loves Uncle Cody. He makes this noise that sounds lust like Chewbacca. (SP?)


6. Hang out with my parental units. Coolest people around, fo sho.

Mom and Joey. Happy B-day Mom!!

7. Eat A LOT of crap. Oreo cookies with Dad at 11:30 discussing the idiocy of Obama. (Seriously, why did a first term senator get the presidential nom? SERIOUSLY!? Has this man even heard of foreign policy? I think my favorite miss-step so far is the "Let NATO deal with Russia Georgia conflict." Moron. Russia has a VETO VOTE. What good will that do??? Idiot.) Good times.




8. Getting totally excited with Mom about the VP Nom. Sarah Palin. What a woman. Mother of 5, been a mayor, govenor, and sticks to her guns. AND has more experience than Obama. Did I mention that she is the VP Nom??!!?? As my mother so wisely put, "Obama may be half black, but Palin is 100% woman!" (Eat that Hillary)


9. Be uncomfortably hot. Go swimming. YESS!! It felt good to be hot. The fact that I could survive a summer with no AC, says to me that it isn't really summer.


10. Go to lunch with the Aunts, and hang out with Stacey. BFF!!! Met her boyfriend, Scott. Very cute, total package kinda guy.














This is stacey with zoey. She is awesome. And just as irreverant as I am...



Now my 'to-do' list is

Find 6 month rental.

Move

Await what happens to us. No easy task.

4 thoughts:

Berly said...

What a "to do" list. I know it will all work out. I am glad you had such a great time in AZ - you needed it!!

Tamzen Fleming said...

What do you mean move? Where are you moving?

Liz said...

I am wondering about the moving comment as well...

What a great thing for you to do - surprising your mom like that! That is great! I am glad you had a good time!

Chelsi Chipps said...

what a freaking cute picture of Stacey and Zoey!!! love it!!