Aug 21, 2008

Telluride~Happy Birthday to Me!!

Telluride highlights.

1. Hanging out with Fancy Grammy and Grandpa Pullman. Zoey and Liam were in heaven. Zoey adores them. Liam LOVES his grandpa. Zoey thrives off of all the attention they give her.


2. Riding the Gondola. It starts at the top of the Mountain Village, goes to the center of Mountain Village, then to the top of the Ski Mountain, and then down into Telluride. Its free, and to Zoey, it was like a roller coaster. The views are amazing.




3. The Food. Telluride does not allow any chains of any sorts. Not even a Starbucks. So everything is unique, original, and no where else. Pick one, they were all amazing. I highly recommend Cocina del Luz, and Ristico Restorante.

Zoey was very interested in her culinary experience. The magazine was 'Telluride Dining"


4. The mountains. They are unreal. This is just one of the surrounding mountains.



5. This sign.




6. Zoey almost breaking her nose as soon as we got to the condo. Totally freaked me out.


7. The culinary and arts festival going on at the Mountain Village. I saw the coolest photography I've seen in a while. Gave me some cool ideas for some decor in a rec or a kids room. And met one of the winners from Top Chef. The only 'celebrity' I have met...


8. My 25th birthday. Whoo Hoo. Somehow that makes me feel more respectable. I got a really cool ring from Damon, although the trip was my b-day gift.


9. Completing my 'cool mountain town t-shirt collection'. Telluride, Aspen, Vail, Breckenridge, Durango. (I realize that makes me sound very 'un-25'.)


10. Zoey climbed on those huge rainbow monkey bar things all by herself. I told her she was awesome, and then she told me, "I know, I'm great!" She is so humble.


11. Liam sounding like he was talking Chinese. His baby babble sounds exactly like it. Soo funny.


After being to every town I want to go to except Boulder, I have to say Telluride is my favorite. It is the one place in Colorado that I think everyone should go to.

12 thoughts:

Unknown said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GIRL!!! you can legally rent a car now. I'm glad you had such a great time and that your parents goto to join you!!! Glad your back.

Robin said...

Happy Birthday Rachael! Looks like you had a great time. Your photos are beautiful!

Berly said...

I love your t-shirt collection. Also, 25 is a good age. Enjoy it!!Also, HAPPY BIRTHDAY once again.

Colette said...

mmm...sounds like heaven. I've always wanted to go there! Glad you had a good time on your birthday.

Brittany said...

hey Rachael! Happy Birthday! Kinda late sorry! Your blog is so cute! I love the pictures that you take of zoey and liam they are adorable!

Brooke said...

What a fun trip....loved all the pictures.

Tamzen Fleming said...

I'm gonna have to go and check it out! Sounds like a lot of fun! Show me your ring next time I see ya!

Anonymous said...

hey rachael!
this is kate (denhalter) lines. one of jackies daughters... {middle name's jill, same lady as you :)} i saw your blog from bekahs, goodness, how are you? i haven't seen or talked with you in so long. how is maxwell doing? i really love your photography too- can't wait to catch up!

Anonymous said...

hey hey,
i am in gilbert, i would love to do your family pictures! lets talk about it, email me.
katelinesphoto@gmail.com

Bekah: said...

hey there! i love your blog! i was so excited to see your comment and re-connect with you. you look amazing and your kids are simply adorable! keep in touch! thanks so much for saying HI!

jackie said...

hi! i just found your blog! i love seeing all the pictures!!! your fam is so cute :) good to see you!

daveanddebbie said...

Happy belated birthday! Telluride sounds amazing. I think we'll have to check it out. We got a good laugh out of the no dogs allowed sign! Awesome picture of Zoey!