Oct 30, 2008

Election 2008

PLEASE BE OVER. I AM SO SICK OF YOU.


Its 12:30 in the morning, I just finished researching all the amendments, and I am left with the overwhelming feeling of emptiness. I should feel like I am doing my civic duty, right? I honestly and truly feel frustrated now being educated on the issues. I prefer living in my happy state of ignorance and indifference. AND Damon had to talk me down from a panic attack after I read amendment 48. I read an article that was for the amendment, and it made me feel like I was going to burn in hell for being on the pill. That got me freaking out and researching the church website for any guidance. I found a little snipit that said "Decisions about birth control and the consequences of those decisions rest solely with each married couple." Consequences? What does that mean? Any wise thoughts to take me down off the edge here? Please?

All in all. I hate politics. I come from a very political family, and I still hate it. Its stressful, annoying, and I have really come to despise Obama's weird lips and ears, McCain's unnatural neck skin. It's all I can look at now. Lips move but all I hear is blah blah blah.....

I am going to early voting tomorrow, so I can wash my hands of this madness.

10 thoughts:

Robin said...

Call me and I will go with you. Then you can tell me how to vote on all those ridiculous amendments!

R A C H A E L said...

I am going when the polls open tomorrow, 10 AM, I think.

We should all vote and go out to lunch.

Hans and Michelle said...

I love it. You summed up how we all feel, I think. I felt the same way about Ammendment 48. I'm voting a big, fat NO! But I felt slightly guilty about it, especially when my neighbor brought me over the focus on the family sheet telling people how they needed to vote. I could go on and on...

Berly said...

I voted on Wednesday and felt the same exact way. I was completely overwhelmed and ahhhhhh! Whenever I see the candidates on the TV, I quicly change it b/c all I here is a bunch of ______!! It is driving me nuts.

jenn and flay said...

Get there before the polls open as I did it on Tuesday and the lines were way long by 9:50, and crazy by the time I was done at 10:40 (over 1 1/2 hours long).

As for the amendment 48, whatever your stance on birth control, this is not the answer. It has no parameters, so it would make treating an ectopic pregnancy illegal and make frozen embryos created for in-vitro people.

I'm not volunteering my uterus to incubate them, as under this amendment they would have the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness under the constitution. Pretty hard to do when you are 16 cells in deep freeze! Bleh.

Oh yeah, notice all the old people when you go to vote. They all tried to smile and talk to Ashley. BIG mistake.

larainydays said...

I'm glad your voting Rachael, in spite of everything (hassle, ridiculous amendments, inane commercials, lying politicians). At least you have one little voice, shining through the darkness.

R A C H A E L said...

Kim, thats the closest I've come to see you swear. Sniff. I'm so proud...

Tamzen Fleming said...

I think your comment to Kim about her comment is so hilarious! I was thinking the same thing! It was good to talk to you about some of the issues tonight. At least you are voting as an informed voter. Lots of people don't!

Brooke said...

You are funny Rach...I'm excited for it to be over but not excited for the result that I think will happen. Bleh. Yeah for early ballots, do that next time. Just mail it in, no waiting in long lines with aggressive old folks.

J U L I E said...

Ha ha! All I can look at is McCains strange side arm raises.