Mar 8, 2010

I've been inspired

My body is trying to tell me something. I have been sick for about 3 days every week for the past 4 weeks. I had an anaphylactic reaction to a macadamia nut on Saturday. I can't eat dairy. I feel like crap. All the time.

Enter Robin. Robin is my amazing friend from Colorado. I admire her in too many ways. Might be on the verge of idolizing. Anyway. She and her hubby went VEGAN. Hardcore, no apologies VEGAN. No meat, no animal products. At first I was like, you are crazy. But then, after reading her blog, its all about how good she feels, and how much better she sleeps, and how her body is functioning like a fine tuned machine. I confess, I found myself being jealous/thinking I want to feel like that! She has been a Vegan for 15 days. It is really inspiring me, and I am going to do it.

With everything that is going on in my life, full time wife, full time mom, full time student, full time primary president, I need to have my body be in tip top shape, and not relying on diet coke to get me through the day.

Change is a good thing, right? I am going tomorrow to check out some books on becoming a Vegan. Wish me luck!

11 thoughts:

larainydays said...

Good luck honey. You're going to need it!

Robin said...

Yay! The first week is a little tough because you will feel kinda crummy going through withdrawal, but then, you will feel so much better! Give it at least 6 weeks ok? And read the book "Eat To Live". I am so happy for you!

Unknown said...

good luck girl!!! totally admire you - a little jealous - still admire you, Robin too (of course!)

Sally said...

This is awesome! Please blog about it!

Berly said...

GOOD LUCK!! You and Robin...way too go. Also,just caught up on all craziness. Primary President - you will love it and do awesome!!

Miss you-

Amy said...

Wow!! I couldn't do it! I hope you do well and feel better!

Brooke said...

Wow - you have a lot on your plate right now! I just read about the Vegan diet in my nutrition class last semester...very hard to do but I'm sure you already know all about it and are ready to go for it! Hope it makes you feel better!!

incognito said...

Rach,
What a coincidence. I just got inspired and started a new lifestyle as well. As of 2 days ago, I am officially a "Meatgan" That means I eat ONLY animal products...no veggies, no fruit, no naturalness. I feel great so far. The most challenging part has been to add some animal products to my Diet Dr. Pepper to make it healthier. The lard I added reacted to the carbination, gummed up and floated on top. So today, I am going to try adding cottage cheese and blending it with the soda in the blender to make a smoothie. Wish me luck!

Robin said...

Incognito wins best comment ever!

R A C H A E L said...

Agreed! Best comment ever!

Linda Austin Hart said...

Hooray for you! Incognito's comment is priceless. She/he is my new hero and I want to follow her/his blog.