Mar 12, 2010

Vegan-ish


After some research, I have decided that going Vegan is a good idea. Some people switch to loose weight, which I don't need. Others go with the whole "love all the fluffy animals and don't abuse them by drinking milk" mentality, which I don't get. I still think its a good idea. That being said, I strongly believe in the Word of Wisdom. Moderation in all things. So I have decided to combine the two. I love the vegan lifestyle, mainly the copious and diverse amounts of fruits, veggies, beans, and whole grains. Dairy is also nill in the vegan world. I also love red meat, chicken, eggs, and fish. I think there is a healthy balance. Now my mission is to combine the two. Ethically, I don't think the vegan-ites will agree with me, so I have declared myself


VEGAN-ISH

This is an example of an Vegan-ish meal. Grilled Salmon on a bed of delish pan seared broccoli slaw salad with white wine vinegar. can you say YUM?


I am so excited for spring break. A whole week with both my kids and Damon AND Damon's Parents AND LIAM'S THRID BIRTHDAY PARTY!!


10 thoughts:

Unknown said...

I saw this book in a review & had to tell you about it! I have been on the waiting list for a month or so from the Library...but it really fits right into what you are doing. Check it out! Proud of you!
The Kind Diet: A Simple Guide to Feeling Great, Losing Weight, and Saving the Planet
~ Alicia Silverstone

Meagan said...

I am far from a health freak when it comes to what I eat, Its not uncommon for me to down a whole sleeve of oreos everyday after work... But as far as diets and things of that nature go, I say make your own rules and do what makes you feel the best ... So I am 100% supportive of your new Vegan-ISH lifestyle. Good for you!

larainydays said...

That picture makes me want to be vegan-ish. And how is Liam so old?

Brooke said...

Vegan-ish...very catchy. Tell me your Vegan-ish diet includes yumminess like butter, Flour-less Chocolate Cake, and Chicken Bryan. If these things are wrong, I don't want to be right :o)

Robin said...

Did you take that picture? very nice. I think your vegan-ish idea is a great one!

R A C H A E L said...

Robin- Yes, I took the photo! And it was even better than it looked.

Sam and Melissa said...

Mmmm... make me dinner, please :) I think it sounds like a great idea. With my new job I am having to push people to eat vegetables all the time, so I figured I'd better give it a try and I am loving it too. It feels good. Especially when I follow the veggies with a box of girl scout Samoas :)

Sally said...

veganish sounds awesome. you go, girl!

Kelly Ovard said...

Good for you Rachael! I think that is probably what I would like= lots of fruit, veggies, grains, and a steak once in a while! Cows aren't really that cute anyway... and chickens are even less attractive... they really do better on your plate. All my friends are being so much more disiplined than me... Maybe I should find some less inspiring friends? :)

daveanddebbie said...

I'm with you, I like your idea of vegan-ish. Good luck!