Mar 22, 2010

Nut Gallery



I am having a bit of a reality check. Over spring break, in Galveston, I walked into a bakery. They had a little sign that said


'If you are allergic to any nuts, we recommend that you not eat any of our products."


Then it got worse.

Today I ate a pecan cluster. Then my throat swelled up and I could barely talk. I am also allergic to Pecans. This was more devastating than macadamia nuts. here's why:


pecan pie

chocolate pecan pie

pecan sandies

almond cashew pecan clusters

banana nut muffins

my favorite oatmeal has pecans in it.


I am going to see an allergist this week to see what else I can't eat anymore. I am hoping for good news. Damon, being in the allergy biz, says I may be allergic to more than we know right now.


I don't think I can handle that kind of deprivation!

6 thoughts:

incognito said...

"Stop rhyming I mean it...Anybody want a peanut."

larainydays said...

Lactose, now nuts. You're going in the wrong direction Rachael!

Amy said...

I am so sorry! I hope for good news for you from the allergist!

R A C H A E L said...

Incognito- you are awesome. And thankfully- I can eat a peanut...

R A C H A E L said...

Incognito- you are awesome. And thankfully- I can eat a peanut...

Robin said...

Oh dear. Can you still eat oranges? How about watermelon? I think it would be worse to be allergic to fruits than to nuts. Please don't eat anymore nuts!