Feb 25, 2011

Wha????

I had my ultrasound this week. I brought with me my entourage: the Husby, the Grandma, the Zoe, and the Liam.


About 2 minutes into it she says to Zoey, "Do you want a sister?"


Zoey: "SQUEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!" (lots of wiggling/bouncing in the seat)


Me: "SERIOUSLY??"


Tech: "It's a girl, see? "(clearly no stem on the apple)

Zoey: "Mom. You were WRONG"


Me: "Its a girl? Really?"


Husby: "Don't worry honey, I won't rub it in that I've been right every time. Or that you've been wrong every time..."





The whole rest of the ultra sound I was in a total daze. I was 100% sure it was a boy. I even bought stuff for the nursery. And some clothes. I mean, I was THAT sure.


Mom took me out for some pink retail therapy and after I felt much better. Although I had to deal with Zoey the whole time saying, "Mom, only think about girl babies now. They are so much fun!" and "Mom, you were so wrong." and "This will be so cute for her!!" and filling the basket with clothes. (Thank you Grandma for treating me and Zoey and baby girl with some really cute stuff!!)
All in all, my baby girl has "perfect anatomy" as the Dr put it, and she is doing great. My favorite part was seeing how emotional Husby still gets whenever he talks about the new arrival. How he loves his girls.

8 thoughts:

Unknown said...

Hurray! Another baby girl! It's always a bit strange finding out what you are having and the adjustment when the baby is not the sax you think it would be. I could have sworn Owen would be a girl.

But great news that she is doing well and perfect. :) Enjoy shopping for pink and maybe someone you know will have a little boy and you can pass along the cute stuff you've already bought.

You make the cutest most beautiful babies! Can't wait to see pictures of this one, I mean in several months. :)

Unknown said...

Ohpps, Signed in under my husband. This is Angie Dille. Hugs!

larainydays said...

That was so fun, being there for the big reveal! I can't wait for your next girl.

Meagan said...

Hooray! .... I thought for sure that I was having a girl .... just like you bought clothes, was planning the nursery for a girl, had a name picked out ... so I was shocked to find out it was a boy.

Berly said...

Congratulations again!!

Chelsi Chipps said...

Hehe... you said Husby! I thought I was the only one that used that! :)

Congrats Rach! I am so excited for you!!

Sam and Melissa said...

Oh, I am so excited for you guys. Zoe needs a little sister, there is nothing better! Hope you saved the girl clothes! What a shocker for you.

xcdenke said...

Oh Yay!! We are so excited for you guys! Big congrats, when is she due? Miss you guys!