Sep 4, 2008

FYI

I know a lot of people are asking whats going on with us. So here it is. We are moving. We have found a place (its very close by) and if everything goes through, we will be moving the last week in September. At Damon's POA meeting (don't know what 'POA' stands for, don't ask.) in Chicago, DEY did not announce anything about being acquired. Nada. Although the general feel of the 'Big Dogs' of DEY was very positive, they can't announce anything until it is basically done. They say 4th quarter. October. That's just a rumor, though. Damon feels positive that things will be fine, and that his job will still be his job. I am a little more wary. This is the company that has cheated us out of over $40,000 in commission in one calendar year. I expect them to screw us over any way they can. (this really bugs Damon) I have faith the Lord will take care of us. We have done everything we can. Now we just sit and wait.

Zoey will still go to Mrs. Amy's preschool, and Mrs. Betsy's music class. It will be fine. I am actually happy about the bigger house, with a fenced in yard. I think we will go and get a puppy. I have to think positive or I will go nuts. There are way to many 'ifs' for me to feel comfortable. It is what it is, and there is nothing I can do but have faith and pray. I know many of you have been praying for us and I want to thank you. I have felt so much comfort. So that is whats going on. I am really sad about leaving the 10th ward, I have made so many wonderful friends who are such a great example to me. The Lord has a plan for us, and this home kinda fell into our laps. We know it was one of those 'tender mercies' from the Lord. I just wanted everyone to know so if I call you crying in hysterics, you know why. ;)

11 thoughts:

Robin said...

say it isn't true. Waaa!

daveanddebbie said...

I was so hoping that you'd say you were moving into the house for rent on my street! I'm sad you have to leave the ward, but glad you will be close. Please let me know if you need anything!

Diana said...

I really hope things work out for you guys. Let me know if I can help. Moving is soooo NOT fun.

Berly said...

Makes me sad!! But, I know this is what you have been wanting and need.

Tamzen Fleming said...

I'm gonna cry! Let me know what I can do to help with the move. Seriously. I'll be expecting a call. You will be sooooo missed!

Jen and Kent said...

thank goodness its not too far! Are you still in our stake? We'll still expect to see you at playgroup

Rebecca said...

Horray for blogs! Its great to peak in on your life. Your family is beautiful. Good luck with the job stuff....seems like its stressful. Keep your chin up Love Becky

Liz said...

Rachel, that makes me sad! Just as we were getting to know each other better... You are such a great friend! I will miss you!!

Hans and Michelle said...

Wow. So much so fast. You do such a great job of taking everything in stride (and wearing fabulous shoes at the same time!). We need to chat. I miss seeing you around! School schedules for me, and a whole lot of other stuff for you. Glad you guys seem so gounded. Where is this house anyway?!

Brooke said...

Good luck with your move - it will be fun for you to have a fenced yard again! Just in time for snow....kidding! We want you guys back here but understand you have to wait until the job situation is just right!

jackie said...

hey! i just saw your comment on the sparkle and sass page.....
you can get the stuff online go to sparkleandsass.etsy.com or just go to my blog and tell me what you are interested and i will let you know whatever! or email
sparkleandsass@gmail.com
i hope everything works out for you! that is so frustrating!!