Apr 18, 2009

Oh yes, oh yes its Springtime (sung to the tune of vivaldi's "spring")

Spring is a great time of year. Now if it would only start sometime soon. Snow on the 18th of April, and in two days its supposed to be 70 degrees. Colorado weather gives me whiplash.

Easter was snowy. Beautiful, falling snow with flakes the size of silver dollars, the kind you wish for at Christmas. We had a little Easter egg hunt (as was publicised on the blog) which turned out fantastic. Unfortunately I think I deleted the photos from it thinking that I had downloaded them. Poo. On Easter Sunday Damon and I spoke in church. I can tell you I have never been more intimidated to speak in church, about Jesus Christ, and the Atonement and Resurrection, on Easter Sunday. It turned out really well, I kept it together, and used a painting that my Mom gave me called, "Peace, not as the world giveth." Damon was amazing, using an experience he had rock climbing and tying it all in. I was happy after it was over.
(this is the painting, I'll leave the interpretation up to you)
After church, we came home, and hunted Easter baskets. Zoey and Liam were thrilled with their Easter ponies and train, and the gross amount of candy. As soon as Liam saw the train, he could have cared less about anything else. We had friends over for dinner, and I have been using the leftover ham and Au gratin potatoes all week. Easter dinner is Damon's fave. We go all out. Homemade rolls, spinach and strawberry salad, fresh fruit, honey baked ham, Au gratin potatoes made with expensive sharp cheddar cheese, cream and whole milk. It is a meal that you gain 5 pounds at. Totally worth it.

This Easter we took a bit more time talking with Zoey about the Savior and the Atonement. She really grasped in to the nails in his hands and feet, when I told her that he did that for her, she said, "Mom, that would really hurt... Jesus must really love me." Yes. He does. It is so rewarding to teach her about the Savior. I pray that I can do it all justice
The kids looked so cute in their Easter clothes. I will post some photos when I re-create the day for photos outside. Heavy snow and spring time dresses don't mix. Liam is to die for!!! He is so stinkin' cute. And Zoey. She looked so beautiful. I am so amazed that Damon and I made something as beautiful as she is.
Liam's 2 year photos were crazy. Liam did not cooperate too well, but I think we still got some great frames out of him.
I did do some of Zoey in her Easter dress, and I love the middle one. I did a photo like this in college of our niece Kaylin. It won awards. I have always wanted to recreate it. I think it turned out pretty well. Thinking about it makes me want to find it and scan it so you all can see it!






Zoey is my little model. She LOVES the camera. Liam looks so big.
I love spring. Yesterday I got out my violin and played Vivaldi's "Spring" from the four seasons suite. I think I am going to play in a community orchestra. I miss it. We went to the grocery store afterward and Zoey sang at the top of her lungs "OH YES OH YES ITS SPRINGTIME!!!" Thank you, little Einsteins. It was quite a chorus with Zoey singing that and Liam singing "Boo Boo Choo Choo" from thomas the train.
Damon has rekindled his desire to climb rocks. He bought Zoey a climbing harness and shoes. She is so excited to go to the gym with him, but has been sick. Poor girl. I hope that she realizes that she is going to climb. I think she expects Dad to swing her in the harness the whole time...We are counting down the days to summer so we can climb, camp, and ride again. I guess first I have to wait for spring to get here...

6 thoughts:

Valeri said...

You aren't lying. They are beautiful children. I'm glad you guys had a nice Easter, despite the craziness of speaking in church and having sick kiddos. Isn't Easter dinner the best? I have also been trying to be creative with leftovers all week. :)

Hans and Michelle said...

Will you let me know what times & days you have available for picture taking. Hans is anxious to get the new mailer out!! And Russia? How cool is that. Are you taking the kids?

Robin said...

The painting is awesome. Where did your mom get it? I think you are a great speaker and I'm sure you did well on Easter.

larainydays said...

Thanks for the new post Rachael. Our grandkids are spectacular, but it gives me a pang to see them looking so grown up, especially Zoey. Great photos!

P.S. Robin, I got the picture at the church museum of art in SLC, but I think it is available online also.

Berly said...

Beautiful Pics Rach and sorry about the china. It was kind of crazy - come get it whenever you want to.

Meagan said...

Your kids are so cute! It looks like you had a fun easter.

We will be in Hawaii until next April. So ... come visit before then.