Apr 20, 2009

Pet Peeve

I go to the Y to work out. I have to say, EVERY TIME I GO THERE I AM VISUALLY ASSAULTED BY THE THING THAT TOTALLY IRKS ME. I AM IRKED.

V.P.L.

VISIBLE PANTY LINE. EVERY TIME. WHO THINKS THAT IS A FLATTERING LOOK?????

GROSS

BUT TODAY TAKES THE CAKE. I AM SORRY. FOR THOSE WITH A SENSITIVE GAG REFLEX, DON'T READ THIS.

A WOMAN. ON THE HEFTY (REALLY HEFTY) SIDE. TIGHT BLACK SPANDEX. THONG ABOUT 4 SIZES TOO SMALL. IT WAS LIKE THE THONG WAS
SLICING HER BUM INTO 4 BUMS. AND THEN THE SPANDEX. SERIOUSLY, THINK TOPOGRAPHICAL MAP. I COULDN'T STOP WATCHING. IT WAS LIKE AN ACCIDENT IN SLOW MOTION, BUT ON THE TREADMILL IN FRONT OF ME. RUNNING. BOUNCING ALL OVER THE PLACE. I GET OFF MY MACHINE TO SWITCH TO ONE WHERE I WOULD BE FREE OF THIS VISUAL ATTACK AND THE ELLIPTICAL AND SPIN BIKES WERE ALL TAKEN!!!

NNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

I left. Having been visually assaulted and almost losing my oatmeal. I am irked.

My friendly workout tip. Go commando. Wear clothes (and if you must, underwear. but seriuosly. don't.) that fits. Seriously. No one wants to see your panty line. Especially me. Give yourself the once over before you leave, make sure all is well with the booty, and that it doesn't look like a road map.

Thank you.

9 thoughts:

Lisa said...

I'm totally entertained by this. lol And yah, I said the same thing to my husband yesterday. Do women just not get it?! I DON'T WANT TO SEE YOUR UNDIES!!! Fix it!

Chelsi Chipps said...

That is HILARIOUS!!!! I laughed so hard when you mentioned Topographical maps. Thank you for giving my tummy a work out! :)

J said...

Wow, seems a little harsh. Atleast they are there working out...no?

And, about the post below, I am SO excited Spring is here, and I know have that little tune in my head.

R A C H A E L said...

Jess,

Yes. A bit harsh. I commend her for getting to the gym. Maybe I should write a strongly worded letter to the spandex company. Have a size limit or something. I promise if you were there and witnessed the atrocity, you would think I am being nice...

Colette said...

I wear spandex to the gym on purpose. If that doesn't make people flee from my presence, then my emanating odor usually finishes them off. Oh by the way, I am insulted that people such as yourself have the audacity to insult people like me for enjoying my leopard skin thong under my spandex. Shame on you oh holier than though! Freedom of Speech applies to anything I want to wear and smell like! Oh yeah, and my "Pet Peeve" is people like you who think cellulite is something that needs to be disposed of! It is a sign of well nourishment and you could only wish that your thighs jiggled with every earth shattering step you took like Rosie O'Donnell's do.

Sincerely,

Disgusted
(Some call me Derek)

dayna said...

ha ha ha hilarious! I totally agree and share the pet peeve!

R A C H A E L said...

Disgusted (aka Derek)

I have a new pet peeve.

The thought of you in a leopard print thong...

Sincerely,

Totally Grossed Out
(some call me Rachael)

Tricia Lauritzen said...

Crap.. I'm sure that was totally me you saw....... :)

Robin said...

Rach - I was wondering why you ignored me and then left so quickly!