Jul 10, 2008

Durango

I love that town. I could live there if the locals showered regularly. Highlights of the trip included...







-Listening to Zoey sing the 'Pokey Pokey' for an hour on the drive, because that's what its all about...



-Passing the 'Rolling Tortilla' on I-25.



-Eating sonic and then feeling totally gross afterward, and making my tummy feel better with ice cream...



-Slept in ONE room with both kids. (Usually we get a suite, so I consider this a momentous triumph.)



-Because we only had one room, Zoey and I hung out in the bathroom and watched movies on my laptop for 2 hours every afternoon while Liam napped...



-Eating REAL Mexican food. ( I don't care what you gringos say, Salsa Brava IS NOT real Mexican)




- Walked to the park every day and enjoy watching the river rafters flip over. The kids loved to play also. Zoey saw one raft full of people heading for a rock, and inevitably flipping over, and was yelling to them,"Watch out!! A rock!! Oh no!! Get up!! Why are you in the water!? Silly goose! Its OK, you can try again!" It was very entertaining.




-Wishing I had my bike with me. Every one rides their bike there. I had withdrawals.








-Shopping on Main street is always a highlight. Damon and I found a bike shop that had the slipstream-chipolte argyle jerseys. Very cool. And they have seats that don't hurt my 'lady parts'.



-Taking pictures of the kids. But I love doing that anyways.




-Eating waffles every morning. Yum. The kids loved getting doughnuts and waffles. Although Zoey loved licking off the powdered sugar on the doughnuts.




-Smelling the lady with the worst B.O. EVER!! Holy crap. It was beyond tortilla chip smell, it was so potent you could smell her from 20 feet away. I thought I was smelling a omelette made with a rotten onion.





-Playing frisbee with Damon. He is really good, and I nailed Zoey in her face. I have terrible aim. I still feel bad.



-Liam went down the slide by himself! Head first. Little Dare Devil.



- I finally decided to go back to school to get all the pre-rec's I need for PT school. More on that later...




-Watching the old people 'OOooo' and 'Awweee' over Zoey and Liam.



-SERIOUS TEXAS BBQ!!!! I almost made it through a half rack. 2 ribs left... Grrrr. Somthing to work towards...Next time I won't eat anything all day before we go.




-Going Home. Its always nice to be home.

5 thoughts:

Unknown said...

glad you had so much fun! It's always nice to get away! We missed ya

Natalie Francis said...

I love your post and as always I love all your pictures! I wish I had a talent for taking pictures. They're just gorgeous!

Robin said...

Have you considered writing as a career? Your description of the BO almost made me smell it. Very well done.

More information on the PT thing please.

Chelsi Chipps said...

I still can not get over how adorable your kids are!! and the pictures that you take are just amazing!! i'm totally envious of you!! :)

Brooke said...

What a fun vacation!! You guys have definitely taken advantage of living in CO, going on lots of trips and enjoying the fun stuff the state has to offer. Now it's time to come on back!! :o)