Jul 30, 2008

Sad

Well, Sunday I was released from my calling in Young Womens. I had been in there over 2 years. I am now ready to talk about it. Sunday I had to leave sacrament meeting early beacuse 'Liam needed a nap', but really it was so I could go home and cry an cry and cry. I did not even realize how attached I was to the girls. I have been with them in Mia Miads, and Laurels. I really wanted to see them through their senior year. But Bro. Kearns released me 15 minutes before church started. (Not exactly enough time for me to process that I was no longer in YW, but not was going to be in primary. I had to bolt to the bathroom and cry for a few, and then came back and lasted another 20 min before I left.) I have to admit I was less than thrilled about my new calling (FYI a calling is like your job in the church). Teaching is fine, but teaching 5 year olds doesn't exactly get me too motivated. It will be a challenge for me to care, but I'll get there evetually. All of the my girls came over to cry with me, and then gorge on icecream, Kim, the YW pres. came over to talk to me about it, and brought me yummy lime bars, and the Jen came over and took me on a walk. It is really nice to know you are loved.


So there, you have my thoughts on being released. It is sad, but it does make it much easier to move now. Silver lining, right?

(Tori, one of my Laurels and I at girls camp.)

4 thoughts:

Robin said...

Sad. I know you will be missed in YW. They all love you so much and you really love them. They will always remember you with affection.

If I had a 5 year old, I would love you to teach him/her. You are wonderful.

Brooke said...

You are so sweet to care so much about those YW! It's a great calling and when you do it 2 years and go to camp also I'm sure you get super attached!! Primary is fun too, at least you don't have sunbeams!! Right now I do Activity Days and also teach Primary for some of the girls in my group. Before I did that was YW, before that Primary, then YW! I'm on a rotation I guess!! We missed you in Snowflake...next year maybe?!?

Melanie said...

Thanks for the ice cube tip. We just splurged on a 400 dollar window unit to cool the fat prego lady. 2 years is a long time in YW. But even longer with 5 year olds. Good luck!

Dani said...

RACHEL!!!! We miss you all ready! I miss you all ready!! I never got to tell you how wonderful of a young womens leader you are! I am glad that you were there for me for those 2 years... and I know you will still be there for me, just in an unofficial way. Thank you for the taco nights, and pazookie (or how ever that is spelled)and everything else you did, i could make a list and it would go on and on. You are fantastic and I love you so much!