Jul 3, 2008

Trauma at the Pullmans...Its Laundry Day





I washed Liam's polka dot blanket. Not a big deal, right? I was so wrong. I guess I should describe the relationship Liam has with his polka dot blanket. 'Dot' was his first word after "mama". He pushes Polka Dot around in a stroller and stops every few feet to mush his face in it, making sure it is secure. He sleeps with it, walks with it everywhere around the house, I have drawn the line at taking it with us, but he would if he could. It is his comfort. The ULTIMATE security blanket...this is what happened when I washed it...
(What are you doing in there!!??!?!?)

(Why did you do this to me! Don't you love me!!??)

Seperation Anxiety Much?

9 thoughts:

xcdenke said...

Too funny. Ethan tries to have a relationship with "a blanket" because Keane adores HIS Choo Choo blankie and he likes to copy Keane. Fortunately, we have two, (the plus of having twins, 2 of everything.) so wash days are seemingly smooth for Keane. Ethan doesn't seem to really care. He does however, love those white cloth diapers. Weird, but convenient since they're easily replaceable. Thanks son!

Unknown said...

i LOVE it! Totally cute. It's great to see what is truly important to them (by the way - nice washer!)

Lisa said...

That is the most tender thing I've ever seen! Be careful with that blanket Rachel. I'm 25 and I still can't sleep without mine. Wish my mom had taken it away when I was little!!

jenn and flay said...

Liam and his Dot. He is so dang cute and funny. I love his horror at the idea of actually washing it. What kind of cruel mother does that? Ashley puts her Bun Bun in the washer and says "wash"...for like 3 seconds then grabs him out and snuggles him to console herself.

R A C H A E L said...

I actually ordered another one for the day that the original wears out... That is I fight I don't care to win...

Jen and Kent said...

What an adorable baby he is!! He is so sweet and it is so fun to see him walking around. At least the blanket he loves is adorable and not a raggedy old one.

Brooke said...

Ohhh...so sweet!! Kade has a blankie also :o) How are you guys doing? I bet your weather is PERFECT now!!

Berly said...

How funny. I love when we pull out the camera to get pictures of our children crying. They are sad and we think it is hilarious.

Tamzen Fleming said...

Liam is the cutest kid in the world! Payton use to do the same thing when I would wash his blanket. I would try to sneak it away, but he'd always figure it out. His blanket did wear out big time, so now he has a new big one that he still likes to sleep with. Last week when I washed it he kept asking me when it would be done. I knew he was nervous that bedtime might come and his blanket might not be ready. So, 8 years from now you'll probably be doing the same thing!