Sep 10, 2008

Missionary Letter

TO preface this letter, Max last week told us about this man Vlad, who has a drug problem, and also going to jail. He didn't have to go, all he has to do is fill out some paper work, but he felt it was the only way to get over his drug and alcohol addiction.

Remember how I wrote about that man, Vlad, that was preparing for jail?Well last week we were just walking out the door of the church to go knocking and almost ran into Vlad. It was like seeing a ghost.... we thought he was locked up. I was actually so surprised that I spoke to him in English, asking "are you here to talk to us?" We made our way back up the stairs and sat down with him. Tears came pouring down his cheeks and he said "Did you pray for me?" I kind of just looked at him. Then he asked again, "Did you pray for me every day?" I told him that yes, I had. He went on to explain that since our meeting last week, he felt what he described as a burning in his stomach that spread through his whole body like fire. He said that he knew without a doubt that somebody was praying for him. He did something with the government so that he doesn't have to go to jail till the end of this week because he wanted to find out who was praying for him. Right before he came to us that day, he went into a big church, knelt down and asked God to help him and forgive him his sins. He said that at that moment, the words came to his mind "You have a serious problem" and he immediately knew where to go for help. He came to us. The next day he came again and was extremely scared... he hadn't taken drugs for about a week and I think his body was going through withdrawals. He said that a band of 20 women was following him outside and wouldn't leave him alone. He was terrified. We walked with him for a while and helped him calm down. Yesterday he came again. We sat down and I instantly felt a different feeling than we usually have with him. I felt the spirit and the room just felt light. He smiled at us for the first time since we've met him and said "I'm not going to jail." He was given the choice to go to jail or go through a rehab program. If he gets into the program that he wants,we'll be his sponsors... the only people that can come visit him and take him on walks through the city! He really recognizes us as servants and he knows that all of this good is happening only because of his prayers and determination to get better.

This has just strengthened my testimony that the Lord loves us each as his sons and daughters. He knows what we go through every day, and will send us help if we humbly ask him. Isn't my brother a great missionary!?

9 thoughts:

Tamzen Fleming said...

That's really cool. What a great story. And yes your brother rocks!

Unknown said...

Usually i don't comment , but after reading this i felt that i must comment , I wish the man a very happy life
It seems to me that god don't help to everybody ,only to a few people , and so is Jesus.
I am saying this from first hand experience , To make a long story short , i am not a christian , i contacted 3 priests i repeat, 3 priests , not just one .
I told tham that i am not a christian and i need a guidness , because i live in a non-chritian country ,i just wanted to know who is Jesus ,and what he said .

They gave me the feeling that i am a burden. hey didn't really answered me .
I am sorry to say , but if that's the christian representative of god on earth , then, they are doing a very bad job .

I don't know why i am still reading Christian posts
i wish everybody a happy day .
Thank you for reading my comment

Lisa said...

What a good story!! I loved it!

Berly said...

What an awesome story. Thanks for sharing it. I love to hear from missionaries.

Unknown said...

ok so I'm a post late, been slackn' but CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! I am so thankful you guys still have a job and that you can breathe!! What a HUGE blessing. You are a good sport and know that you are loved!!! Tell Damon 'yeah' from us!

R A C H A E L said...

yuvi-

I am sorry that you have not recieved the information on God and Jesus as you have been seeking. I don't know what country you live in, but you access to the internet. Go to www.lds.org They have information of Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ, and also will have information about missionaries, like my brother. If they are in the area that you live, they will happily give you the information you are looking for. God bless you, I know he loves and cares about you, as he does each and every person on earth. I sincerely pray that you find what you are looking for.

Rach

http://www.mormon.org/mormonorg/eng

Here is a link that might help you answer some of your questions about Jesus.

Bekah: said...

What a fantastic Elder he is. He is such a great guy. It is crazy how grown up he is!

I too hope Yuvi can find the peace he/she is searching for! Another great website to visit to learn of Christ:

http://jesuschrist.lds.org/SonOfGod/eng/?cid=wpats1

Unknown said...

Thank you Rachael and Bekah , i am sorry the way i commented ,please don't think i am rude .

It just that i told to my family that i want to seek for the truth , and in return i lost my family the same day , my wife divorced me a month after, And my family are not speaking with me , until i deny Christianity.
when i contacted those 3 priest , they gave me a cold shoulder , and i really offended by this .
Because i lost my loved one , and for what ????

Anyway i just wanted to say Thank you . and god bless you all

R A C H A E L said...

Yuvi

I did not think you rude at all. You just sounded frustrated. Have faith, don't loose hope. That is a lot for one person to go through. I am praying for you.

Rach