Apr 8, 2008

Blech


I know I need to post the update from our trip. I am working on it, it is saved as a draft right now. But I felt inspired to reveal one of those things that is totally ridiculous about me. I hate tomatoes in salad. I love them in sandwiches, pasta, pretty much anything. But salads, I just can't hack it! I don't know why. I made a salad last night with tomatoes IN the salad, (usually I make a little bowl of tomatoes for Damon). There they were, all cut up, exposed to the rest of the salad. Contaminating the whole thing with their tomato-ness. I was brave. Braver than I have ever been in the 24 years of my life. I ate the salad, with out picking out the tomatoes. I ate the tomatoes. It was all I could do to force myself to swallow. I shuddered after every bite with tomato in it. Today I had the leftover salad with grilled chicken for lunch. I had reached my limit. The first bite had a big chunk of tomato in it, and I knew I just wasn't cut out for it. The tomatoes will be banished ( say it like in Romeo and Juliet, "Banish-ed", it sounds more dramatic) from my fair salad. Maybe I'll try again in 24 years...


On a totally unrelated note, also not a fan of blue cheese... Looks like I'll be making two separate salads for Damon and I...

4 thoughts:

Brooke said...

haha...this post was so funny! I did not know about you and tomatoes in salade..I'll keep that in mind! Cody doesn't like them in salads either!

jenn and flay said...

That is so you. Totally love it. I too have weird food touching/texture issues, so I will cast no stones.

Robin said...

I feel exactly the same way about raw broccoli in anything. Steamed broccoli is fine but raw makes me cringe. Roland, of course, loves raw broccoli.

Robin said...

You offered "retouching/healing" services on my blog. Can I come over for that today? Is it painful? How long does it last?
:)
I think you need to post a blog about your time working for a magazine. I want to know more about that.