Mar 3, 2008

The AZ Experience

The week was insanely wonderful.

Outside every day! Over 70 degrees every day! Swimming, yes I said swimming, in February! Who can top that! The chillins loved playing outside whenever they pleased, especially Zoey. She would ask multiple times a day if you “wanted to go play outside with Nixon.” She loved that dog, and Nixon was probably really glad to see us go. Between Liam and Zoey, the poor animal was teased, pulled, and provoked constantly.

I gained seriously 5 pounds, and loved every pound. Good Mexican food, and in-n-out! I love it. Bajio twice for lunch, Tia Rosas, Ned’s, Putsy’s, Z-tehas, Barros. AHHH I miss good restaurants.
Monday, quite simply put, was outside. We played outside all Wednesday, went to an outdoor mall and walked around and played on a playground. Zoey was in heaven. Liam was frustrated by his hat. But he sure is cute. Mom bought me this adorable jacket at Ann Taylor. This kills me. The totally fabulous outdoor mall is 10 minutes from our old home! WHY!!!??? For FHE we had a lot of people over and launched marshmallows at Goliath. It was awesome to spend time with the fam.



Tuesday was the Zoo. Mom and I kidnapped Corinn from my old stompin’ grounds, Poston Junior High, and went and got Ned’s. Then we headed to the Zoo. Zoey I think got a little frustrated because the animals were much further away than the Zoo here. But we had fun. Liam was frustrated by his hat, again. He really liked the squirrels that were following us due to the constant trail of gold fish crackers behind us. Tuesday night I met up with Damon and went to dinner and then went to the hot tub at the resort where he was staying with the company. I was totally exhausted that night.

Wednesday was chill. Hangin out with the family. Went swimming with Kaija and her 3 girls, and then went to Joey and Cinny’s b-ball game. They did really well. Liam could not stop watching the game, or climbing all over the bleachers.



Damon was done on Thursday. We picked up Joey from school, and then picked up Damon. We met Cody and his friend Joel at their favorite place to get lunch, Putsy’s. I think that is the worst name for a restaurant. They have all things fried and it was actually really good. Liam loved the fries. The best part about it was honestly the cups that the soda comes in. Mom and I have a code for soda. We say, I need a putsy. The cups are perfect for soda. I love it. Cody is bringing me more when he comes on Friday for engagement pictures. I need a putsy.





The weekend was great. Playing outside. Taking pictures outside. Fabulous. I now really appreciate being able to go outside when ever you want. I am really looking forward to living there soon.

I have to brag about Damon. He ended the year 16th in the company. Get this. He was disappointed. He wanted to be in the top 12, or what is called Presidents Club. That was his first full year in the company. He totally rocked it. I am so proud of him.


What a great trip. Totally worth every penny. You know its good when you don't want to come home after a week. Oh, get this. Whe we got home, its snowing. Miserable, windy, snowy, yuck. Seriously. Its a sign. I am so over it.

2 thoughts:

jenn and flay said...

We missed you the whole time you were gone. It sounds like you had such a great time. I am so jealous. Andrew was desperately sad Zoe wasn't at playgroup for 2 whole weeks. It was almost more they he could handle.

Brooke said...

Great recap! We had so much fun seeing you guys for a bit, your kids are so cute and well behaved :o). I love the pics, especially the one with Zoey and the rose. Damon, that's amazing how well you are doing with your company! I am impressed!!