Jun 15, 2008

Father's Day

I want to start out by saying how grateful I am for my Dad. I think he is with out a doubt the best Dad a girl could have. Kind but firm, generous, loving, and still can give you a hard time. Protective. Very, very protective. My dates in high school would not walk me to my door. One even said, "Your Dad scares the hell out of me." I am so grateful for my Dad, and I love him so much. He is always there for me and my kids. And he is one amazing Grandpa.(My Dad, Breaelle, Cody (my lil' Bro), and my Mom)

I also want to thank my Father in Law Mark. I will always be in his debt. He has done, and continues to do, such a great job in raising my husband. Everything I love about Damon, he says he learned from his Dad. He treats his wife so well, and his kids mean the world to him. He is an incredible grandpa, and lives and breathes by his 'grandbabes'.

(Liam, Damon and his Dad, Mark (or Grandpa McQueen))


Last but certainly not least, I want to say a little somethin' about my Hubby. Talk about the best Dad ever. All he wants to do is play with the kids, take them off my hands, do anything to make my life easier. How many men do you find that really enjoy that!? He is always excited about the new things Liam is learning to do, and is sooo patient with Zoey, especially when mine is all out. There is never a day that I don't hear him telling them both how much he loves them. We all know how important the relationship a daughter has with her Dad. Damon is always telling Zoey how beautiful she is, how smart she is, and because of that, I believe, is why Zoey is so content to be herself no matter who she is with. How blessed am I to have 2 caring fathers, and an amazing husband who is, in my opinion, the perfect Dad for my children.

2 thoughts:

Brooke said...

What a sweet post Rach, I loved every word!!

Unknown said...

love your new page design and LOVED your latest post. How sweet for all the dad's to have forever from you. Thanks again for letting me vent today - one of those days huh? :)