Jun 3, 2008

Picture Post

So I have had the camera out the past couple days, capturing the kids in their element. They are some of my favorite times to photograph my kids. Messy face, crazy hair, but genuinely happy.

Liam thieving popcorn.

Zoey anticipating the pool.

I call this Sippie Cup Luv

This one is so striking of Zoey. I love her eyes.

I want to say something about portraits. Most of what I photograph is children. I love it. I think that there is something that needs to be said about trying to pose your children in a photograph. Don't do it. A portrait is supposed to "portray" a child, and how many children sit still? Let you kids be how they are. That is what you want to remember. There will be less crying, if any at all, and your photographs will come out true to their individual personality. There, I had my little rant. Thanks for reading!

3 thoughts:

Rachel said...

I love the last picture of Zoey. She is absolutely beautiful!

Hans and Michelle said...

That picture of Zoey is right next to the thumbnail one of you on the side of the blog. I always thought Zoey looked like Damon, but she looks a lot like you too. Beautiful girl!

Chelsi Chipps said...

that is the most stunning picture i have ever seen of Zoey! she is gorgeous!!